Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Busy Bee

Well these past few days, being exceptionally jam-packed with errands, work, family emergencies and the like, have not allowed me to even check my e-mails properly. And let me tell you, it's really overwhelming when you open your e-mail and see dozens and dozens of e-mail, all equally important and interesting, that you know deep down in your heart you couldn't possibly read right away, probably because some are so damn long! You know who you are... For now, I've only read the ones that are of dire importance and absolutely necessary and I will try to catch up with the rest later. :(
I've spent the past several days at work with my husband (there was a death in the boss' family and I babysat their young daughter) and realised that spending every waking second with your spouse is not the ideal situation for me, I imagine not for anyone else either. To top that off, Krishna Chandra behaved like an insane person, throwing manic fits and tantrums at the slightest of slights, and fought with me a good portion of the time we were there. Eventually he settled down and started playing happily with Isha that by the time it was time to leave, he was too attached to Isha to leave and threw another fit. Isha was sweet, she tried to calm him down and keep him occupied by playing hopscotch, reading and playing other games, she behaved just like a responsible big sister so I know she will be fine when her little sibling comes along. Somehow, we managed to calm Krishna Chandra at home, after all, he just wanted a nap in his own bed and a glass of milk-- was that too much to ask for? It's funny how we, as adults, take for granted the very small, minute details of everyday life! On other news, we're going to go on a road trip to Kansas City soon, we're picking up Purandar Acharya prabhu along the way and I'm excited to see all the cool stuff along the highways and country roads, hopefully I'll see some of those famous butterflies and get some time to peruse the city.


I want to attend the Sunday Love Feast at the temple but I have my doubts that it will come to be. Anyway, it'll be nice to see the country before winter comes and now is the perfect time to go, considering the sweltering summer heat has dissipated to tolerable conditions. I will let you know what's going on and take some pictures along the way. I'm excited about the fall and winter season which is yet to arrive, there are so many wonderful festivals coming up, that I've started having dreams about it. Strangely, in the past week or two I've had three dreams about Lord Jagannath, Baladev and Subhadra mayi, which make me wonder and daydream all day long. A few days ago, I had a dream about Guru Maharaj in which we had a long, drawn out conversation about a special spiritual topic, which I'd rather keep to myself for now; I inquired further and further into the subject until I was up to my neck in transcendental nectar! All the while, Srila Gurudev kept a beautiful, blissful smile on his face and his countenance seemed to become more elated with each of my questions or doubts that would arise. I always thought that the spiritual master becomes annoyed with those who have doubt or too many questions, but after that dream I started to question that idea. I wondered if the spiritual master receives some kind of special transcendental happiness from addressing questions or dispelling the disciples' doubts that arise from atheistic or demoniac mentalities. It reminded me of the very interesting and complicated relationship Srila Prabhupada had with Dr. Patel... I think you guys who read or hear the morning walks' transcripts know what I'm talking about.

No comments: