Thursday, May 19, 2011

Obsessed, Again.

Alright, so it occurred to me that perhaps, with the weather being all schizophrenic and all, I should crochet some socks and scarves etc. and be prepared for the winter-apocalypse so bound to happen in the somewhat near not-so-distant future....
I hit up the old pattern search on Ravelry but had a hard time finding a crocheted sock pattern. Except for one pattern in Tunisian stitch, everything turned up with knitting patterns. Why socks? Why not just Afghan up some scarvey-mothers? Scarves, scarf, scarf-y? Not sure how to spell that word. Sorry. Okay, as you have probably noticed by now, I get a little carried away. I am a little mad but resourceful as well... just add a hint of obsession and you can begin to understand the inner workings of my mind. So, instead of crocheting anything at all, which is ridiculous because I have at least three perfectly good patterns that I'd like to start up as projects soon, I decided to teach myself how to knit. Why? Why am I telling you all this crap? Because, I found my sister's knitting needles in a craft box and took it as a sign. The universe wants me to knit, people. Plus I have the right yarn for them, they're threes. Okay, I know what you're thinking, I have to be insane to teach myself to knit on 3.25mms. Hah! You're right but I'll be knitting up some woolen socks with double-points in no time. Until then, I have to practice my purl stitch and work on my tension but I'm making a joke of a scarf in the meantime. My advice to you folks is that you do the same, learn how to crochet and knit because if you hadn't already noticed, Mother Earth is bent on demolishing our so-called civilization and building a pretty winter wonderland amusement park on top of it. You should be prepared.
Also, I drank coffee yesterday, caffeinated coffee.... it wasn't pleasant. I think I took too much and it made me all jittery and such. Speaking of jittery, the other day I heard a loud noise and it shook me to the core, really. I thought I was going to have a heart-attack.
I'm still in the process of getting rid of my old stuff, I'm going to start with my old saris, sewing machine and anything else that I have an abundance of. Obsession or insanity, anyone?? I don't think they'll allow me to post that up on the temple bulletin-board. Still, it wouldn't hurt to try.
I'm really happy with my Deities, the altar is pretty simple but clean and tidy. We bought cute little German silver cups for Them in India along with a ton of crowns and outfits. While cleaning out my old craft boxes and storage containers, I found a big bag of assorted tilak. I thought I ran out of Radha Kund tilak but in fact it was not so. Plus, there's tons of brahmana thread, crochet thread, trims, fabrics, Velcro, hooks and eyes, fasteners, ribbon, lace, etc that need to be engaged in devotional service or thrown out forever. I have too much stuff.

No comments: