Monday, May 11, 2015

Anxiously Awaiting You

I saw you again today. I had almost forgotten all about you, and put you out of my mind when I saw you again. My mind was thoroughly exhausted today. I was blank, empty and alone but then I spotted your lovely face. I wanted to turn around and run to you, hug you, kiss you, embrace you, and tell you everything. I wanted to gush out all my thoughts, feelings and emotions. I wanted to cry in your arms and tell you how I missed seeing you around. I wanted to scream in happiness and jump for joy simultaneously. Alas, I don't think you felt the same, or at least, you were good at hiding it. I don't know whether you even recognize me anymore. Have you forgotten all about me? I know I haven't. I don't want to forget you ever again, darling. Please don't ever leave me again. You have no idea how intensely I've missed you and craved seeing you and hearing you. Why can't we just see each other on the side? We could sneak out at night and rendezvous in confidential meeting places. We could hold each other near and whisper all the deepest longings of our hearts. I'm left here panting and panicking over you, and you hardly notice me at all.

No comments: