Friday, May 22, 2015

Wanderlust

I thought I would be writing more now that the semester is over, but I haven't. I worked out a little bit, but that quickly waned. I'd much rather walk around the park or jog on the treadmill. The other day I was thinking about all the journals I had, and how often I jot down random thoughts. I think I will start doing that again, and try to assemble them into songs. I can do this by labelling the writings and later organizing that content into cohesive narratives, later adding the musical composition. I'd like to start writing music as well. I haven't practiced piano at all since school let out, and that's primarily because I don't have access to a good piano, and my keyboard is a hassle. :(

On the bright side, I'm practicing my violin, chanting, and reading more. I'm going to work on some challenging etudes, and visit campuses before I go out of town. Also, I'll make sure to journal some entries while I'm traveling and upload some photos. I'm excited and hopeful about my summer. It feels like something amazing and wondrous is about to happen, but I don't know what. I wonder who I will meet, what new situations I'll experience, and what valuable lessons I'll learn on my adventures this summer.

I've been reconsidering some of the mystical paths I practiced in childhood and early adolescence. In fact, I've been thinking about doing some research and finding a school or something. Ideally, I would like to study shamanism with my grandmother before she passes away and I lose that valuable resource. I know she's getting older and it's just a matter of time so it is vitally important that I use my time and resources carefully. She's so valuable and I can learn so much from her. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to meet her in person. Hopefully, I get to see her this year and she can teach me, or help me find a teacher of the old practice.

No comments: