Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Humble Thanks

School is fantastic. I still have my 4.0 even though several people said it wouldn’t last. “You’ll get burned out!” Well, maybe I would have but the fact remains that I’ve accomplished my goal so far. I am reminded of the adage, “Slow and steady wins the race.” I am nothing if not slow and steady. My friends and family laud me for that quality.
I haven’t named my violin yet, but if she had a name, I’d name her Anastasia, resurrection, because has resurrected me. I’m with her most of the time at school, and with my friends and family the rest of the time. Of course, I am always with the Lord; Chaitya-guru guides me from within. I've relied heavily on Nitai-Gaura mantra meditation and pranayam to get me through daily tasks like focusing on boring documents or presentations. I didn't know it was possible but it is. Gaura Nam is my heart; Nitai Nam is my life. I feel a renewed sense of joy when I chant... it can only mean one thing.
Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time practicing my violin. I spend my time with Kreutzer, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Handel, and Mozart. I started playing violin seriously this semester, and I'm focusing on improving my piano skills. I practice classical repertoire everyday, and I’ve made a commitment to finishing a degree in Music Therapy. I would love to be a therapist and counselor, employing music to heal people in pain, trauma, and crises. 
I feel great to have accomplished my goals so far, but I couldn’t do it without the support of my friends and family. Without them, I wouldn’t have the courage to face it every day. They inspire me to do better for others and myself. They challenge me to reach for bigger goals. Thank you!

No comments: