Monday, July 11, 2011

Random Bits

Well, first, I wanted to let you all know that the scarf is a good thirty inches at the moment so I'm half-way done (or more depending on my final length). I still haven't decided yet so we'll just keep on crocheting until I feel the piece has come to completion. The other day, Krishna Chandra churned his own butter and yesterday baked his own bread. Too bad today is Ekadasi so he can't have it, still I took photos of him hard at work.


 I took some photos of Their Lordships here in Dallas, so I wanted to share those with you too. It's not often that I remember to photograph the Deities, even during festivals. I'm usually too busy to even bring my camera, what to speak of snapping a few shots here and there. Is that so much to ask? In honor of Rath Yatra, I'm posting pics of Jagannath Baladevi Subhadra

Here is a close-up of the broomstick lace and tunisian crochet scarf. She is white but don't hold that against her, she has a nice sheen about her. I'm running low on thread so I have to pick up some more.
Size 3 White Crochet Cotton, 3.25mm and 15mm hooks.


I'm working on a new project, it's a pattern I found on ravelry.com that I loved immediately on seeing the simple but elegant design. If you don't already have a Ravelry account, I suggest you get one. They have loads of free patterns and a yarn database. It's amazing, I go there for inspiration all the time. I made this Elise shawl for my Deities last year in wool for Their winter wardrobe.


 It's called the Elise Shawl pattern and you can find it on Ravelry. Here's a picture of my work so far. 








Something funny happened this morning, well I don't know if it's really funny or not but it was definitely weird. I found this really long saffron stem when I was grinding the Lord's chandan paste. I asked Krishna Chandra to run and get the camera so I could photograph it.

Crazy. Really long saffron stem with style still attached. 

No comments: