Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mild Euphoria

So, I'm feeling better, I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't died or dropped off the face of the Earth. I've been working on the scarf and making a gauge swatch for a possible new project. (I plan to photograph other projects, Deities, outfits, etc. to accompany any updates soon.) Today I was energetic and healthy enough to assist Chandaneswar prabhu in his service to Sri Sri Radha Kalachandji, afternoon waking and feeding the Lords. Krishna Chandra and I transferred the prasadam, washed the Lord's offering plates and cleaned up while Chandaneswar prabhu did the arati. After we came home, Krishna Chandra and I had a good old-fashioned pillow fight and played hide-and-seek. When I was sufficiently exhausted, I reasoned with the boy but he cried and we watched a film on the laptop while I caught my breath. Krishna Chandra is reading my typing as I write.... he's eavesdropping. He's a great reader, he can read everything I write. EVERYTHING. I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't such a good idea to teach my baby to read. It's much harder to trick a four-year-old when they know how to read labels, instructions, manuals, signs, etc. I'm starting to realise why it's so important for The Man to keep our schools in shoddy condition; it helps to keep us down, ignorant and illiterate. Funny how Krishna Chandra has helped me come to this realisation. Something to think about, folks... just sayin'. Haribol, readers. Madri out.

No comments: