Thursday, June 23, 2011

Camera Trouble

Today I want to share some photos with you. My camera has been acting up lately so who knows how long this set of batteries will last before he throws in the towel. Yes, my camera is a male.. an obstinate and un-cooperative one.

First, I have a single photo of Gauranga Mahaprabhu. That's around the time the last set of batteries when out on me and I subsequently had a fit. Hence, the single shot...
Mahaprabhu's sringar is kinda crooked. The one day I get the camera on and His chandan is all lop-sided. Go figure. These days, the Deities' outfits are mostly purchased because I've not been doing much sewing. Plus, I got these outfits in Loi Bazaar in Vrindaban, the Deity paraphernalia capital of the world. Their stuff is expensive but much more beautiful than anything I could ever make myself. "It's the love that counts" I know.. but damn, look at that sequinned chadar and embroidery. Doesn't that look amazing? Okay.. next.



The illusive tunisian and broomstick crochet scarf I've been working on.


I took a close up so you can see the detail of both stitches. Right now it is a good sixteen inches in about two weeks labor, so in about a month it should be finished. Assuming I don't have a crochet meltdown and go psycho.

I took the camera out on the trail today, we saw a rabbit or honey-bunny as we like to call them. Krishna Chandra got a good close-up look at him before he ran away. No bunny photos, sorry, but I did get some nice tagging artwork from the trail. Here's one I really like. Does that say TOM? I don't really care, it's the dragon I love!


And here's one of the man and child. Eh. Krishna Chandra loves riding his bike and Chandanewar prabhu jogs after him. They call it a 'race' though really Chandaneswar is not much competition for him. He pedals really fast and we get winded easily. Old fogies.

No comments: