Thursday, June 11, 2009

Srila Tamal Krishna Goswami Vyasa Puja

Today we celebrated Srila Tamal Krishna Goswami's Vyasa puja festival. The celebration started with severe thunderstorms and concluded with a banquet feast of epic proportions. I believe it was Mother Padma who cooked and every single preparation was absolutely delicious and savory to the last bite. Frankly, it made me wonder why mataji doesn't cook more often. It's only my personal opinion, however, I think that other ladies should step aside and make way for Mother Padma more often.
My husband and I spent the first half of the program watching from home through krishna.com and eventually we couldn't resist going in person . Srila Giriraj Swami Maharaj and Srila Lokanath Swami Maharaj were both there along with several other Srila Prabhupada's disciples and Srila Gurudev's disciples from all over. I think it was hearing Mother Padadhuli's offering that attracted us to the temple! I tried to take darshan of Their Lordships, however, I was unable to do so because Krishna Chandra started to pout and throw a tantrum. As usual. I figured it was not too important, as I had already taken the Lord's online darshan, I was able to hear the different speaker in the giftshop's radio and Krishna Chandra could also run around a bit. We loitered about in the prasadam hall, where there was another radio, and more children for Krishna Chandra to play with. Later, he journeyed to the temple park to play soccer with Sundari and Guili, it was really muddy and I think the kids were a little bit discouraged. I'm pretty certain that I was more interested in kicking the ball around than they. At any rate, the Pushpanjali started soon after, so we all ventured into the temple to offer our prayers and flowers to His Divine Grace. After pushpanjali, we headed upstairs with the kids to play and enjoy delicious prasadam. I think it was the best feast in years... at least, the most memorable one. The tables were all decorated with a Chinese theme, there was bamboo centerpieces on red tablecloths and even the walls were decorated with large wall hangings like fans and such.

No comments: