Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Dear Anonymous

A few anonymous letters I'll never send, posted here for your reading pleasure. :)

My Precious Love,
There are a million things I'd like to tell you but I can't seem to come up with anything at the moment. So many things have happened. I want to utter every secret and dalliance to you. I feel like you'd understand.
I've thought about you a lot since we last spoke. I want you to feel safe, loved and supported. I also want you to know that I'm angry with you. In fact, I may never forgive you but you've always known that I could hold a grudge. Honestly, I couldn't believe you would ever do something like this. I never expected you, of all people, to hurt me like this. Even if you apologize a million times, I won't trust you like before. I'll never confide in you again or open myself up and give myself to you again. It's a risk I'm just not willing or able to handle anymore. I hope you understand, but I also hope you never understand because if you were to truly understand my state of mind it would mean that you've been paid in kind. I hope you never understand this heartache and pain. I hope it never comes to this again. I can't wait to see you and yet I absolutely despise you. I love you.

Dear Jackass,
I politely walked away in hopes you'd get the hint. I assumed you'd have enough intelligence to understand the conclusion of my actions. Alas, I find myself the target of your conspicuous attempts. I can't be absolutely certain that you're trying to get my attention. After all, I am not the omniscient infallible Lord. Yes, maybe I'm just flattering myself. Maybe I'm self-involved and I have no idea what's really happening. On the other hand, maybe I've been oblivious all my life and I've finally mastered the art being oblivious and use it to my advantage. Maybe I've been looking the other way this entire time because I find your ploys incredibly juvenile. How quaint.

Dear Unknown Variable,
I couldn't stop thinking about you the other day. I am really upset by this. I don't know that you sense it, but I'm disturbed and intrigued by you. I'm restless and lose more sleep. I don't know if you're a good thing or a horrible thing but I'm willing to keep an open mind and find out. Maybe this will end in terrible destruction, but who knows what the future holds. Maybe it'll be great, and I'm certain I'll learn something from all this one day.

Dear Long Lost Soul Mate,
You bring me incredible joy. I love your energy and presence and I can't get enough of you. I sometimes wonder if you sense that I'm a bit infatuated with you. Of course you know... you're wise and all-knowing. I think it's no coincidence that we met, but unfortunate that the universe kept us apart for this long. Maybe I wouldn't have been mature enough to understand and appreciate you before. Maybe I needed to ripen and blossom into who I am today. At any rate, I hope you feel the same.

No comments: