Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Work Out

Today I felt really sick in the morning. I felt nauseous and queasy and just gross. I thought I was going to throw up but I didn't. After a quick lunch, we went shopping for a few items and headed to school. There was a percussionist featured in today's recital and he was amazing. After class, I dropped off my husband at work and picked up my son from school. We were supposed to go out shopping for new school shoes but I felt really lethargic, weak and I had a headache so I decided to take a nap. On top of that, I was stressed out because I haven't finished my weekly Chemistry assignments. I've been procrastinating a lot lately and it's catching up with me quickly. I don't know what to do first and sometimes I feel so horrible about it that I just can't think. I don't know why I'm reacting that way to stress, I'm normally quite capable and clear-headed, even fatigued or under pressure. Today I must have needed a nap because when I woke up, I started up in a fury and completed sections to the review study questions then I finished the terminology paper. Honestly I can't say that it has completely absorbed into my brain but I think I know enough of the terms that I can skate by. I should really study but I'm also overwhelmed with violin technique, repertoire, jazz conceptions, and standards that I can't focus too much on one. My instructor advised me to just spend a few minutes on each piece so I'm not reading but not more than ten minutes a day otherwise I run the risk of getting side-tracked by one composition and not giving enough attention to everything. I need to break my study and practice sessions into short fifteen minute bursts.

No comments: