Monday, March 4, 2013

Discoveries

I don't know what to write about really. I have a lot of homework assignments but I'm keeping up so far. I made a perfect score on my last algebra exam and I'm hoping to ace the next accuplacer, I want to test out and save myself another semester of developmental math.
I made a near perfect score on my critical thinking quiz. I could have done better if I had not rushed through it and missed the intellectual standards of assessment section.

It's okay if you only know three chords but for God's sake, play them in the right order.

I want to read Jaiva Dharma but I have a bit of reading to catch up on for a vocabulary quiz. It has been three days since I read any devotional material. The last thing I read was "Being A Guru" by  Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur. Prajapati prabhu has given me a few items to read, a packet about Sri Radhe and another astrology packet. I'm trying to avoid opening the astrology related material as I tend to get distracted and carried away. I love reading devotional literature, but, as with most reading, I lose track of time and find myself still reading several hours later.
Is it strange that enjoy working my algebra problems more than writing an essay?
I thought that I really enjoyed writing, I do enjoy writing. Lately I'm finding that I enjoy a lot of things that I did not know about before. I'm learning a lot about myself. Of course, I knew that I loved math. I did Math Olympiad in elementary school and up until middle and high school I relished solving problems and learning new concepts in class. I remember we had Dr. Tiernan come to H.S. Thompson once or twice a week to teach us college math. It was so stimulating and refreshing. I think everyone lit up whenever she came into the room. We were very young and excited about math. Summations especially. There was something invigorating about solving an equation that seemed larger than life. You felt as if you could conquer the world after solving a summation. She gave us the greek alphabet and we learned to write in a new coded language. We thought we were so smart, like we had discovered an ancient secret.

No comments: