Thursday, April 14, 2011

Painting and Waiting

Kamada Ekadasi. Woke up early with a heavy feeling in my stomach so I got up and drank a half teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a glass of water hoping to alleviate the symptoms. It was around three thirty, still restless, achy and unable to fall back asleep, I contemplated rising and finishing folding and ironing the massive load of laundry from last night. "No, it's only three-thirty, go back to sleep for an hour." I told myself from beneath the blanket. I convinced myself to sleep but only tossed and turned for an hour... my mind was disturbed and my stomach still achy. Four-thirty and I finally got out of bed, showered, dressed and started my morning puja. As I finished changing the Lords' water glasses, I thought of ways to paint Gaura Nitai's faces... I got my supplies and meditated on Their Lordships, hoping, somehow They would inspire me and They would look even more stunningly beautiful than before. I've finished Their painting and now are resting and waiting for the paint to dry. Amazingly, They don't look half bad... even though it's my first time and I was nervous as hell. I'll post pics... Haribol.

No comments: