Sunday, July 12, 2009

Some Comedy and Some Tragedy, Just Like The Greeks

I got this joke from a devotee through an e-mail message and thought I'd share it with you guys here.

Al, Bill & Barrack in Heaven

Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama go to heaven,
God addresses Al first. ''Al, what do you believe in?''
Al replies: "Well, I believe that I won that election, but that it was your will that I did not serve. And I've come to understand that now.''
God thinks for a second and says:"Very good. Come and sit at my left.''

God then addresses Bill. "Bill, what do you believe in?''
Bill replies: "I believe in forgiveness. I've sinned, but I've never held a grudge against my fellow man, and I hope no grudges are held against me.'' ;
God thinks for a second and says: "You are forgiven, my son. Come and sit at my right.''

Then God addresses Barrack. "Barrack, what do you believe in?''
He replies: "I believe you're in my chair."


Anyway, I wanted to vent out some of my supressed emotions but now I realise that I have no clue as to how to communicate my feelings aloud. I'll get back to you when I'm feeling less stage-fright. I guess I'm just frustrated with myself because I'm not the person I want to be right now. I really wish I could be more Krishna Conscious; I feel like my service consists of cooking, cleaning and caring for my Deities, home and family but somehow I'm not fulfilling my goals as such. I wish I could be terrific at my duties as a mother, wife and servant to Lord Krishna.... I'm just not. What is the use of this material body if it's such a worthless piece of garbage? I can't even engage it in devotional service because I'm a complete mleccha, a mudha and most of all an aparadhi........

No comments: