Monday, March 30, 2009

Late night...

I stayed up late last night after starting up a new crochet project. I saw a pattern for crochet slippers and thought, "Hmm, I should make that." and I was quickly infected with the crochet-bug. After starting it off, I couldn't stop myself and stayed up to 1 am crocheting the footwear for Maria. This morning I woke up and I had watery, itchy eyes. It's been happening every morning these past few days and I think it's my eye allergies acting up again. I have to get my eyes checked soon, as I've noticed that my vision is getting blurry again. I should be wearing my glasses but I never know exactly where they are. They're so light and fragile though, even if I wear them, Krishna Chandra finds a way to slip them off my face and nearly break them in half. I've decided to find a pair that are indestructible. Don't be surprised if you see me walking down the street with huge granny glasses. This time I'll get those titanium frames which are supposed to be super resilient, but I still don't know if they're indestructible, I have a two-year-old after all. For those of you without experience, a two-year old is the most destructive natural force known to man, the equivilent of one hydrogen blast. The boy becomes more clever and charming by the day. He can manipulate you into doing anything, and even if it will inevitably be detrimental to you, he will leave you feeling deeply appreciative of this wonderful opportunity to serve him in some indirect way. He would make a great diplomat, I reckon. Yesterday, around 8:30pm, he suddenly started asking for pancakes and although I knew in my heart that pancakes were not a good idea, I decided to whip up a batch for him anyway. He asked so nicely and gave a sweet, innocent gaze when he uttered the words, "Mommy, make pancakes." His voice is enchanting, it is really, truly enchanting. He can bewitch you with that sweet voice and gentle diction. I knew that pancakes would make him hyper and that it would be problematic for me later on, but still out of love and weakness I made them. Instead of maple syrup I subsituted agave nectar, which helped keep him tame. Actually, the only thing he did was demand to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, and so we ended up watching a couple episodes together.

No comments: