Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Whirlwind

    I recently applied to a local university in hopes of finishing a bachelor's degree; it was my friend's (they/them) suggestion I apply to their program as they felt strongly I would love the professors, school and program/coursework. I felt inspired and encouraged by them and decided to apply to both the Multicultural Women's and Gender Studies and Fashion Design programs. Hopefully, I'm accepted and can pursue the work that I feel passionately about soon! 

    So.... I got frustrated with the online student portal today because I've already forgotten the damn password I used to create the account. I attempted using the account retrieval tool and quickly realized I didn't have the additional identifying information I needed to do that. Apparently, they need 18 generations' of ancestral names to verify your identity and reset the password. I realized my student portal is more secure than many mobile banking apps. So instead, I now need to call someone and deal with a real person on the phone all the while explaining to them that I didn't write down my password or ID number or bother to take a goddamned screenshot before my page timed-out. :( Goodness.

    My son told me he read my blog and I feel both flattered and disturbed that he would even try reading my incoherent garbage. He mentioned that my paragraphs were shit and read like run-on sentences. I agree; I'm here for rambling not creating thoughtful prose, asshole. So, I decided that I'd take some of his advice and start indenting my paragraphs. Apparently, this is something that people do when writing and separating their thoughts. IDK. I raised a weirdo.

    That's all for the personal updates. There was a hellish thunderstorm with powerful winds that tore through town. There's downed power lines, uprooted trees, and flash flooding here but what else is new?

    It's floodin' down in Texas.... 🎸🎶



No comments: