Thursday, May 23, 2013

Salvage project

This past week I altered an old ripped Gopi skirt into a gathered skirt. I only had this skirt for two years when it started to show wear, and even ripped several times until I decided it had to be thrown out. I was too attached to its colorful floral print, however, to fully part with it. I held on until I found a way to salvage the remaining fabric while keeping the original style intact.  It is nice and breezy for summer but not too short for my tastes. In order to complete it, I removed the top tier, gathered the second tier, and attached the waistband. I also made a petticoat with gathered tulle tiers to give the skirt body. This skirt is flirty and fun, and paired with a simple blouse, makes a great staple outfit. 
Currently, I am working on a pair of yogi pants/salwar this week, which I will try to.        
photograph and share. I would like my work to be more prominently displayed on my blog, as I have more time for sewing and crafts during summer. Hopefully, this will also help me advertise my services and reach like-minded crafters of Indian inspired fashions. 

No comments: