Saturday, November 5, 2011

Autumn Clearance

Thursday we had a pizza party in celebration of Krishna Chandra's fifth birthday. I intended to do a small and simple worship and arati of Jagaddhatri but I totally flaked on printing out a nice photo. No photo, no puja. Still, the party was great, lots of devotees came for pizza and ice cream and though I was thoroughly exhausted from serving so many guests I was also in bliss. We're planning another pizza party for next week, adults only; I'm thinking we'll round up the rugrats in the backyard and fence them in, not that it would hold, if push comes to shove.
 Next weekend we're taking a road trip to New Orleans to attend the Ratha Yatra, spend time in the city, visit with friends and just cut loose. I'm really excited, I missed out on last year's festival while I was in India, I heard Anup Jalota came to sing during the mela and there was fantastic prasadam as usual. This year three sannyasis will attend as well, HH Bhakti Marg Swami, HH Bir Krishna Goswami and HH Bhakti Charu Swami along with drama players etc. the festival is set to be a huge success. I can't wait to see everyone and I might even bring my instrument so I can jam some late-night bhajans with my god-brothers.
Autumn is definitely here, the trees are shedding their leaves, squirrels are hiding acorns in the fields and the birds, bees and butterflies are in migration. I gathered a lot of my belongings, mainly clothing, for clearance and donated them to the garden yard sale. I'm hoping someone else will get good use out of them, most of them are fairly used and some are still new. I don't know how long those clothes would sit in my house otherwise, six months, a year, even two years with relatively little use at all. Plus, this way I can always clear closet space and work on my new wardrobe. 
I'm working on a customized pattern for crochet socks in Red Heart heather gray worsted weight yarn. I keep having to unravel it because the ankle portion is too wide on the pattern and I'm experimenting now with hook gauges for this project. We'll see what happens next, wish me luck. 
The Rasa Purnima is coming up next week as well, which means I have completed my vows with little obstacles and can finally break my fast, not that I want the oily, spicy and rich foods anyhow. The juice 'fast' still stands, I love juicing and along with healthy amounts of fluids, it helps to keep me sharp, focused and minimally agitated. Krishna is very merciful, he provides all our nourishment through beautiful and colorful plant life. I'll let you know what cooked food I break my fast with, I was thinking palak paneer. hehehe

No comments: