Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rāsa-rāsa

I don't know why but for some reason these past few days my mind is pretty damn blank. Especially today. For the life of me, I can't come up with any valid blog entries for today. Maybe it's all that fresh produce juice I've been drinking lately. Ah, the juice fast, I guess I could talk about that.
These past few days I'm drinking a lot of juice at each meal. The fast isn't really a fast in the traditional sense, I still eat solid foods but I've cut down my portions, with the exceptions of soups and salad on which I gorge myself. Occasionally, I have a portion of heavy food and it sickens me, then I can go back to juicing without any problems. It's like an electroshock, I see the junk food, greasy, spicy, whatever... it looks really enticing and try to have some but then I get gas, bloating, stomach-aches and I realise that I messed up. The next time I see that food, I'm filled with bad memories of nausea and gas, feeling bloated and icky all over so I just avoid it.  Lesson learned, move on... that sorta thing. I have to train myself to avoid food that upsets my stomach at all costs, not just for my physical health but also for my emotional and spiritual health. I really think that juicing is the cause of my mental sharpness. The extra mental clarity is something that I'll have to get used to but I'd rather die than give it up. In addition to the juice fast, I'm applying myself to a daily yoga-pranayam routine again, starting two days ago. I'm hoping to increase it slowly and hopefully get more control over my mental activities. I don't know how long it will last or what the results will be but I know that I don't want to go back to my old habits; I want to completely change into a new being. No more unhealthy thoughts or actioins, period. Any addictive substance, while you're 'high' will make you think it's wonderful and great but when you gain control over your own mind, body and self, you can't think twice about giving it up again. Freedom. It's something really empowering to have absolute control and freedom. I guess I should attend to my carrot-ginger-cucumber rāsa right about now. :)

No comments: