Saturday, February 21, 2009

First blog

This is my first blog and I don't want to waste my time blah blah blah-ing about something stupid. I wanted to start sewing my own deity outfits; I've made a few but I want to improve and learn more. I basically taught myself to sew because I can tell you I have no prior experience about anything useful at all. Sewing is a wonderful thing, you start with a flat piece of cloth and turn it into an item which has shape, line, depth and texture and I'm really enjoy it. I started a new project for Gaura-Nitai, it's a pink satin outfit, same like I made for Jagannath Baladev Subhadra and Ladhu Gopal. I wanted Them all to match, yes it sounds cheesy but I don't care, so I decided to try my hand at Gaura-Nitai's dress. Right now I have Their kurta and chadars ready, I have to finish the dhotis later. I am also stringing beaded jewelry for Them, I made some matching belts, which turned out pretty nice but I'm still not satisfied. I have yet to perfect my technique, but I think I found a few blogs that will help me advance-- my lifesavers! These past few days were hectic, Sri Giri-Govardhan came to Dallas and we've spent the day serving the Lord. HG Nitai Chand Prabhu is here until tomorrow and I hope he will come back next time for more than just three days... and bring mataji along too. He mentioned this morning during prasadam that he would like to come to Dallas during the summer and do some kind of program, and definitely stay for a while. I hope so, it's always nice to have him around, he's such an advanced devotee and always has good spiritual advice.

No comments: